Monday, July 13, 2009

A Life of Lessons Learned

Today...This Month...This Year...Life Lessons...Lessons Learned

Webster defines Friendship as The State of Being Friends...what does this really mean...?
Webster defines Friends as One Attached to Another by Affection or Esteem (Acquaintance)

I could go on and on...about friends or friendship, but as I began my research of the Meaning of Friends or Friendship...the one path that it did not lead me to was DISAPPOINTMENT which is the state or emotion of being disappointed...

I would think by now being the age that I am that this would not hurt or feel the same time after time...but it DOES! People say that they are your friends, but I believe that we are living in a time where people don't know the TRUE MEANING of FRIENDSHIP or what it MEANS to be FRIENDS...a time that YOUR WORD means nothing or where a FIRM HANDSHAKE was just as LEGALLY BINDING as a WRITTEN or VERBAL contract in a COURT of LAW...

I have a very diverse family and the thing that irritates family members is the same thing that we admire in each other...which is the ability to be HONEST with each other...NOT say one thing and mean something totally different...

TODAY I am reminded of my uncle who died when I was in college...whom I loved very much...I can still HEAR his WORDS in my ear...YOU DON'T HAVE ANY _ _ _ _ FRIENDS...I use to not believe it, but little did I know that his WORDS of WISDOM that were meant for my cousins would one day be meant for ME! He would say that the TRUE TEST of FRIENDSHIP comes when YOU need something and you look around and...YOU are standing ALONE!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Treva, that you very much for stopping by. Hopefully we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete