Thursday, July 16, 2009

ABC's of Salvation

I love FAITHBOOKING!!!
What is FAITHBOOKING??? There are several definitions for FAITHBOOKING , but it is SIMPLY incorporating your FAITH throughout you SCRAPBOOKS. A few meanings may include:

A means to express our FAITH
A journey of your FAITH
To record the life lessons that God teaches US

Scripture, thoughts, prayers, blessings, memories, letters, and stories are combined with our photographs to remember our personal and spiritual journey with the Lord.

I started FAITHBOOKING because we are commanded to. Throughout the Bible, we are commanded to remember. Remember the praise worthy deeds of the Lord. Psalm 78:4 We are also told to teach. Teach them to your children...Dt. 4:9 Teach them the right way to live...1 Kings 8:36 There are many more scripture verses that tell us to remember and teach. What better way to remember and to teach then with FAITHBOOKING! Remember and teach through your journaling and scripture verses then enhance with photos and embellishments.

For Father's Day, I made...YES another mini album and...YES it is acrylic
The chipboard letters spell Papa. After I added the letters to the album, I realized that I should that used a heavier grade of chipboard because the letters bend easily. This is the picture of the book before I reinforced the letters and painted them. My father LOVED his album and he cried when I gave it to him. I created a lot of pockets in this book to tuck tags behind. This is an ABC of Salvation album. I pulled scripture out of the Bible for each letter of the alphabet and tried to capture a scripture for each picture, event and activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment