Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First Altered Canvas


Here it is as promised. I had so much fun playing with different art mediums. This is a picture that my 2 youngest took in preschool. I had no idea what I was going to do when I first started. The most difficult part was choosing the pictures.
To prepare the canvas, I first lightly sanded the canvas. Then I painted the canvas with Tim Holtz Adirondack Espresso paint dabber and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink Pad. I used large and small bubble wrap with Goldens Naphthol Red Medium to get the circle effects.
I was able to achieve depth using Goldens Soft Gel Gloss and a round screen. (If you try it, you have to wait a while for it to dry) I found it best to let it air dry for about 20-30 minutes before manipulating it. After it dried I sprayed it with Glimmer Myst.

No comments:

Post a Comment